WVDO delivers professional, affordable, client-centered solutions for your nonprofit search needs. With expertise, strategies and outreach comparable to top recruiting firms, our Search Team Leaders go a step further by making a personal, emotional investment in the success of your search.
WVDO knows nonprofits
"WVDO has become the go to search firm for development in the region. Agnes and her team are incredibly knowledgeable about the development landscape in Portland, familiar with many of the key professionals, and astute about what makes a good development team. They were thorough in learning about who we are as an organization and able to clearly articulate our needs in hiring—and time after time they have brought us a portfolio of excellent, well vetted candidates. We are incredibly lucky to have this resource in the area." - Mo Copleland, OES
WVDO is the Willamette Valley’s premier resource for nonprofit fundraisers. We understand and support the vital, integrated roles that executive and development staff play to create and foster a culture of philanthropy at your organization.
WVDO are the nonprofit experts. We immerse ourselves in your organization. Our search team consultants are former fundraisers that go a step further by making a personal, emotional investment in the success of your search.
Education and networking that rivals national search firms
Our job support programs reach more than 2,100 professionals every year
- Targeted Job Boards
- Online Search Tools
- Proprietary Outreach
Our Standard Search process typically takes six to eight weeks, and involves:
- Reaching out to select professionals to ensue a pool of qualified candidates for your nonprofit.
- Reviewing and considering all applicants in light of key criteria for your specific employment opportunity.
- Conducting initial phone screens and in-depth, face-to-face interviews with candidates.
- Preparing and presenting your search report that includes:
- a summary of your search process,
- profiles for your top three to five candidates
- a chart of all applicants, with ratings (per your job criteria),
- cover letters, resumes and references for your top candidates, and
- suggested next steps with your search process
Once our process is complete, you interview the top candidates, conduct background and reference checks, and negotiate the job offer.
Executive Search Service Rates
Development Staff Search
WVDO Members - 8% of base salary
Non-Members - 9% of base salary
Executive Director Search
WVDO Members - 10.5% of base salary
Non-Members - 11.5% of base salary
For an additional fee, WVDO will help prepare final interview questions, then schedule and facilitate interviews with your top candidates. We can also help with onboarding, coaching, mentorships and more.
(503) 274-1977 ext. 1
619 SW 11th Ave., Suite 108
Portland, OR 97205