We are a member based organization that is open to anyone who engages in professional fundraising activities. This may include volunteers, board members, Executive Directors, Development Directors, Event Planners, Grantwriters, Consultants, Foundations and Business Professionals.
WVDO represents the pinnacle of holistic training and development for our members of the nonprofit community. Through information sharing, networking, job posting or placing and professional development, WVDO offers members and organizations resources to support and further their commitment to nonprofit causes, services and groups.
1220 SW Morrison St. Suite 425
Portland, OR 97205
Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation
Membership in WVDO is open to anyone that engages in professional fundraising activities.
This may include volunteers, board members, Executive Directors, Development Directors, Event Planners, Grantwriters and more. Consultant/Business Memberships are open to organizations that support nonprofit fundraising activities.
- Opportunities for networking and leadership
- Professional growth through the exchange of ideas, information and educational programs
- Resources and encouragement for newcomers to the field of development and philanthropy
- The latest information and trends in giving
- The promotion of ethical standards in the fund raising field
Leadership Development and Recognition
- Affordable membership and opportunities for professional development
- Networking opportunities with over 850 development professionals through regular meetings, seminars and membership activities
- Access to the WVDO Membership and Consultant Directories
- Post or pursue career opportunities through the Career Center or Job Source
- Invitations to programs and conferences where you will meet other fund raisers and learn about fund raising from experienced regional and national presenters
- All WVDO Programs are CFRE Certified for use towards the CFRE certification program
- Discounts with may of our partner companies and organizations
Professional Development Topics
- Enhance your leadership abilities through involvement with WVDO committees
- Participate in WVDO's annual Crystal Awards, celebrating excellence in nonprofit fund raising
- Serve WVDO as a Program presenter
- Strategic Planning & Evaluation
- Fund Development Strategies
- Public Relations Strategies
- Major Gifts
- Planned Giving
- Corporate & Foundation Relations
- Board Development
- Donor Recognition
- Internet Fund Raising
- Gift Stewardship
- Individual Membership $95/person
- Consultant/Sole Proprietor/Business Membership $125/person
- Group Rate Memberships start at $427.50 for 5 individuals. (Please call the office if you would like to join as a group or to check if your organization is already a group)
- Membership rates are reviewed by the WVDO board of directors on an annual basis and are subject to change as determined by the board.
Membership Transfer Guidelines
If you pay for your WVDO membership with personal funds and subsequently change jobs, you are invited to transfer your membership with you to your new position. To update your information, please contact the WVDO office via phone or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If your employer pays for your WVDO membership, and you subsequently leave the organization, then your former employer retains the membership and has the right to transfer the membership to another staff member within the organization.
Return policies for WVDO
WVDO Strategic Plan